We had the BEST time on our vacation. I was a little nervous about several things: being sick, Matt on the plane, nap schedule, cranky kids, etc. I was so pleasantly surprised that I can't even believe it. First of all, we were all well. No colds, runny noses, coughs, nothing!!! That is a far cry from where we were just a week before that. Matt was on antibiotic and Emma had a bad cough that had lingered for about two weeks. What a miracle! We had warm, sunny weather for most of the week. We did have one day of rain but it worked out for us. Matt was the biggest surprise of all. He had such a good time. He loved it all. He rode all of the kiddie rides, he didn't mind being in the stroller, he ate well, and he LOVED the characters. After his reaction to Santa Claus last month, I thought he might be afraid of the characters. Boy, was I wrong. He loved them! He was hugging and giving high fives all over the place. He was amazing and I was so happy. It really was magical. Some people think that it is silly to take kids that young to Disney World but I disagree. The expression on his face when he saw the fireworks, when he was spinning on the teacups and saw Winnie the Pooh was priceless and I will never forget it. He may not remember it but we sure will. Emma had a great time, too. She got her first autograph book and she was on a mission to get as many autographs as possible. This was quite the opposite of last time when she did not want to have anything to do with the Mickey, Minnie or anyone else. She posed for the camera and even smiled! Lunch with Cinderella was the highlight for her. We had so much fun that I can't wait to start planning our next trip!
Monday, December 15, 2008
We are Back!
We had the BEST time on our vacation. I was a little nervous about several things: being sick, Matt on the plane, nap schedule, cranky kids, etc. I was so pleasantly surprised that I can't even believe it. First of all, we were all well. No colds, runny noses, coughs, nothing!!! That is a far cry from where we were just a week before that. Matt was on antibiotic and Emma had a bad cough that had lingered for about two weeks. What a miracle! We had warm, sunny weather for most of the week. We did have one day of rain but it worked out for us. Matt was the biggest surprise of all. He had such a good time. He loved it all. He rode all of the kiddie rides, he didn't mind being in the stroller, he ate well, and he LOVED the characters. After his reaction to Santa Claus last month, I thought he might be afraid of the characters. Boy, was I wrong. He loved them! He was hugging and giving high fives all over the place. He was amazing and I was so happy. It really was magical. Some people think that it is silly to take kids that young to Disney World but I disagree. The expression on his face when he saw the fireworks, when he was spinning on the teacups and saw Winnie the Pooh was priceless and I will never forget it. He may not remember it but we sure will. Emma had a great time, too. She got her first autograph book and she was on a mission to get as many autographs as possible. This was quite the opposite of last time when she did not want to have anything to do with the Mickey, Minnie or anyone else. She posed for the camera and even smiled! Lunch with Cinderella was the highlight for her. We had so much fun that I can't wait to start planning our next trip!
Posted by The Thompsons at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm ready to go back! It really was magical and the kids were amazing. I think I'm having disney withdrawal!
Grandma
I love it! I'm ready to go today and we don't even leave for over 6 months! Emma's question to Ariel is hysterical.
Awww! I'm so glad ya'll had such a good time! The pictures are great. I hope we can get together after the holidays. Loved the christmas card!!!!! Merry Christmas!
LaShay
Post a Comment