Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I wish I were in Disney World...

On this very cold winter day, all I can think is that I wish I were in Disney World.  Maybe it is because I think it is warmer there or maybe it is because Katie, George, Mike, and Liz are there.  (Ben's sister and her husband and parents)  George is there for work (poor guy) and everyone else is getting to play.  Oh how I wish I could have stowed away in their luggage.  I think the Disney bug must have bitten me on our last trip because now I have the fever.  We had such a good time and now I can't wait until we get to go back one day.  I have always thought Disney fanatics are crazy but now I feel like I am a card carrying member of that club.  However, since we just went I think it will be a long while before we go again unless we win the lottery or something.  Since I don't buy lottery tickets I don't think the odds are in my favor (like they would be if I wasted my money on tickets.)  Anyway, while I think back fondly on our Disney trip and feel envious of those loved ones that are currently in the happiest place on earth, I will share some more pics.  These were pictures taken by the Disney photographers around the parks.  If you are going to Disney anytime soon, you should buy the photo pass CD in advance and save some money.  I think it is like 20 or 30% off.  Well worth it in my opinion. 
Us with Ben's mom and dad.  Look at the castle.  It looks like it is covered in ice.  Beautiful!

At Disney's Hollywood Studios (MGM)
I love how Matt and Cinderella are looking at each other. 
DSC_0077_2.jpg
Emma has grown up so much since our 2006 trip. 


If I had known that the potential of getting a good family picture existed, this would have been our Christmas card.  

4 comments:

destiny said...

Awww.. I love your pictures! We had our pictures taken last time by the Disney people but we didn't get the CD. I just took sooo many myself and my parents were with us, so they could take some of us. I think I might try to get the CD this time. How can I prebuy? Online? That sounds like a great deal--I love a discount!

Also, how should we pack??? Did y'all wear shorts? or pants and short sleeves? Did you need a light jacket at night?
Sorry for all the Q's!

I'm just getting SO excited!

destiny said...

Oh, and just so you know....I checked the follow up comment box! :)

The Thompsons said...

Here is a link to pre-order the photo cd. Just be sure to get your picture taken every time you see a photographer so you will have lots of pics and it will be worth it.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

We wore shorts but I think it might be a little cooler now. It was really cold & rainy one day while we were there so we had to wear our jackets. Packing summer and winter clothes is challenging! I checked weather.com about a hundred times before we went. I am excited for you!

destiny said...

Thanks for the info!! You're a big help!!

Bunco is next Wednesday. Did you get the email? I think I might try to make it this time.