It is hard to believe that Emma's kindgergarten year is over. It was a blur. It is amazing. scary, and sad how fast time goes. I really feel like Emma should be about 2 years old. Not almost 6! Here is a recap of the last few and jam packed weeks of kindergarten.
First Day of School

Last Day of School



This is not necessarily in chronological order but I know you will forgive me.
On the last day of school they had a carnival type thing at their school. They had snacks and games. They also did a little fund raiser. Emma raised the most money in her class so that entitled her to throw a pie in her teachers face. Mrs Patrick did not think Emma would do it since she was so sweet and quiet. Ha! Does she know the same Emma that I know??? Mrs Patrick had no idea how funny Emma thought it was when I got the pie in my face on my birthday. She still talks about it. After I told her teacher about that, I think she got a little worried! Anyway, when the time came, Emma hesitated but with a little encouragement she had no problem smearing cool whip in sweet Mrs Patrick's face.
BEFORE THE PIE


After!!

The kindergarten musical was called Goin' Buggy or something like that. It is awful that I can't remember but it was about how bugs get a bad reputation just because they are bugs. It was really cute. Emma was one of two flowers in the musical so she had a good seat. The music teacher tried to give Emma a speaking part but she backed out and opted to be a silent flower. She was the prettiest flower I have ever seen!




They celebrated summer birthdays the last week of school. This was a great thing to do so she does not miss out on celebrating at school.


Muffins with Mom
I got to go to school and have breakfast with Emma. After breakfast, we went back to the classroom and the kids sang us a sweet song. After that, each of the moms had to draw a question out of a hat and answer it. My question was "What is your favorite type of car". The funny thing is that Ben picked the same question on Dogs with Dad day. What are the chances of that? It was a fun day!




1 comments:
Goodness, the first two pictures (first and last day of school) are striking! She looks so grown up in the second one. I think school is really growing her up, let's take her out now!! :)
Post a Comment