Today is Emma's first day of first grade. I can't believe it. She has grown up a lot since the first day of kindergarten (in some ways.) Notable differences: No bangs and earrings. The things that have not changed: fighting with her mother about getting up, dressed, eating breakfast, etc. It is going to be a long year of mornings. Also, she told us that she did not want us to walk her in on the first day but she relented and agreed that we could go in. It might have been easier to let her go in by herself. They only let parents walk in for the first two days so I hate not to take advantage. She also wants to ride the bus (not happenening) and refuses to carry anything princess related. She is all about Hannah Montana, Jonas, or Wizards. I am not ready for that but I am limited in my influence especially since if I say black she says white. I could not find a lunch box last week (ok, yes I waited til the last minute) so I thought she could carry her lunch box from last year. It is a very nice pink one with Cinderella and still in good shape. Right before we left this morning she demanded that I put her lunch in a brown bag. She said that she did not want to be embarrassed. Really? I did not think this kind of thing started until at least 3rd grade. I honestly think that I will not survive Emma as a teenager. At least not without being medicated.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Don't worry. If George can't prescribe us some awesome antidepressants when we need them, what good is he?
Her new teacher doesn't look much older than Emma, does she?
Post a Comment