Friday, October 24, 2008

Life at 30


I am going to turn the big 3-0 next week.  I am taking it in stride and I am not going to let it get me down.  After all, it is better than the alternative and it is just a number.  Also, I would not go back to being a teenager for anything so I am pretty happy to be turning 30.  However, it is hysterical to me how different our life is now that Ben and I are 30.   The good days consist of a day when I can get some lima beans in my son's belly and my daughter will wear a bow in her hair.  That makes me so happy!   I get excited when Kroger has frozen veggies on sale for 99 cents.  A big night out is eating Mexican and getting back home by 7:30.  If we have a coupon, it is even better.  Sometimes, I wear seasonal shirts but I don't have anything on my mom yet.  Maybe one day she will let me borrow her big pumpkin earrings or some of her holiday vests.  I think I am almost ready.  I drive a small bus but I really only have room for you if you sit in a booster or car seat.  I am in a carpool and yesterday I went to Wal-mart and bought 600 popcorn balls.  In case you are wondering, that is two FULL shopping carts.  Good thing there were two of us and no kids b/c there was not room for a child.  We got a lot of strange looks but obviously those people have never volunteered for the P.T.O.  Anyway, on a day when you are loading your big SUV full of popcorn balls in the Wal-mart parking lot in the rain, you realize that, yes, your priorities have changed.   Also, I am going on a scrapbook retreat this weekend and I am excited about it.  I used to make fun of those people and now I am one of them and tomorrow I will being wearing a t-shirt that says so.  My name is Melissa and I am not cool.  Lucky for me, I never was!

1 comments:

JILL said...

H-I-L-I-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! Sometimes I read your BLOG and get DEJA VU... I just took some of those same popcorn balls to the preschool yesterday! Good to know my SUV could hold that many... HEHE! Special B-day shout out for you next week, too!